Sunday, March 13, 2011

blog 2: "Hype"

Nowadays, advertisements are ubiquitous in our life. The article "Hype" is about this popular appearance. By using particular numbers and examples, the article showed us how many useless information we receive everyday; it surrounds us everywhere even we are doing other things. The author expressed his idea that there were no place we could run away from the ads in our life and the quantity of those mental pollutants are still increasing. I also think the same way with the author, our life need a pure land that we will not be affected by those commercial.

I live in Flushing, most people here are Chinese. When I walk on the street, i always meet many people give out the fliers of cram school. Because of many cram school are located in the community, so I sometimes can get fliers at every corner of the block. I still remember that one day i went to laundry. On my way to the laundry i got one flier and on my way back i got the same one from different people. Also, the cram schools like hire teenager or senior to give out those fliers. I always feel embarrassed if i don't accept fliers from those two kind of people. For the reason of environment protection, I changed my mind that i won't accept any fliers if it's not necessary. Further more, there are many people are hired by some massage place. They always stand at the most crowded place and peddle the massage business. Now i really can't not afford those pollutants in my community. I'm afraid to go to the main street of Flushing.

Every business has the right to let people know them well, but people also has the right to choose the information. Now the advertisement leave us no choice. When i walk on the street, i have to face to those fliers. When i watch TV, i have to wait for the commercial. When i take a subway, the ads are everywhere from the outside of the train to the inside. Even more i have to watch the commercial before i watch the video on Youtube. People need a silent place to live. More public service announcement in the public place. The commercials are enough on the TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment